Monday, November 15, 2021

A vase with a pretty face.

I happened to find myself in Boulder City just outside of Las Vegas recently and while there, I stopped in my favorite antique store, Goatfeathers. I knew my budget was non-existing, so even though I saw many items I wanted to buy (and 2 items specifically I sadly left behind), I just knew when I saw this vase that I would never have stopped thinking about her if I left her behind.  

When I antique shop, I like to do 2-3 passes. If I have never been to an antique store before, I like to take a quick run through, just to get an idea of how big the shop is and the layout. I then do a second pass (or in this case my first pass since I am familiar with this store) where I take my time. I look at everything that my eyes can handle and if there is something I am interested in, I snap a photo. That way, it gives me time to think about how much I really need that item, I can consider my budget, and then finally, I don't have to carry everything around. My final pass is that I go back to the items that I had snapped a photo of and grab it if I just have to have it.

I pretty much knew that I was going to leave with this vase, but I was still a bit hesitant because she was the majority of my budget. Plus, I am a cheapskate and this was more than I usually pay for items. I believe it was fairly priced, I just don't like to spend over a small amount. I saw her about 1/2 way through my pass through the store and thought to myself, if she is still there by time I get back, I will get her. Sure enough, she was there waiting for me!

There isn't much information on her. She is only marked with a JAPAN in red on the bottom. A reverse photo search (from my own photo) brings up 2 more vases, one in blue and one in pink. No other information.

I think she will make a nice brush holder for my most used makeup brushes.

Let me know, have you found any pretty treasures lately? 



No comments:

Post a Comment