Monday, July 11, 2011

Jelly Belly

This Sunday Perry and I finally made it to the Jelly Belly factory to take a tour. We, and by we I really mean just me, were quite excited to take this tour. Unfortunately the tour was a disappointment. No actual viewing of the factory, but just video displays at each corner of the warehouse. It was a bore. We ended up joking the the "free tour" was just a free tour to the Jelly Belly store. Which I too fell victim of as I got myself some Jelly Belly goodies.


One good part about heading out was that this was their anniversary weekend and they had a carnival. Now I am a carnival whore. I will ride any ride and ride it over and over again. This carnival was small, but had enought fun rides for a delightful afternoon. Not many pictures were taken, but I will share with you what I have.



Also, the dress I am wearing is my newest one that I have sewn. It was my first "border pattern" dress and I am quite happy with how it turned out. The only bad part is that it is polyester, so it is a bot hotter than I had hoped for, but I loved the colors and the floral design too much to say no to it's $2 thrift store price tag. I paired the dress with a pair of pink and clear wedges from the 70's.


2 comments:

  1. Jelly Belly factory in WI? How'd I miss this? And the dress is great. I've said it before and I'll say it again...two types of fabric I never pass up are ugly stripes and border prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's right here in Kenosha! I wouldn't waste your time... it really isn't much of a tour. It is literally a "train" ride in a big circle leading you conviently to the store's door. It's a good stop if you want cheaper than the regular stores Jelly Bellys, but other than going straight to the store the tour is nada.

    Hahaha I love stripes too! I was really happy with how this dress turned out even if I made it too big -- thank you tie back!

    ReplyDelete