Friday, December 3, 2010

More adventures in thrifting.

My friend Alicia and I headed out to what was going to be a slow day of hitting a couple thrift stores, but turned into a crazy crack-driven day of goodies. I initially invited her out to go thrifting with me because we both enjoy it and find a few items that tickle our fancy and quite honestly I needed but one thing and that was dark blue seam binding. So, for what was literally .20 cents of a shopping need, I ended up spending all my loose cash on fun goods. All of which was close to 10$ She was on a jewelry buzz and went bonkers, but we had the best day today!

I wanted to share my goods. Nothing too particularly vintage nor spectacular, but fun none the less. What about your guys? Anything fun you've picked up lately?


Click on any photo to enlarge.

This was actually fun... the yard sale we stopped at had this album playing. It was great music and I am glad that they were selling the record. So for anyone selling records at a yard sale... bring a player and play the records! It works!!!

I thought this hankie was nice.

I have a ton of needles, but this was on cardstock and had cute little pockets for the needles. I had to have it. lol

I have never seen hair pins like this before! The card art grabbed my attention. Looks 30's to me. .25$ for those pins back then was pretty $$$. I am anxious to use them, but not quite sure how!!!

I thought these were pretty. Deco shoe clips!! Sadly, I don't have any shoes nice enough... oh wait, maybe I do...

How cute is this kangaroo from 1956? He's a napkin holder! It's a men's wallet caddy! Thanks to helpful reader, Kim, I found out it's real purpose. Hehehe.

Just some fabric. I have a ton already, but you never know when you might need more! Har har har!

So the 2 cards of navy seam binding was ALL I NEEDED on this trip, but as you can see I picked up a lot more. I don't need any of it, but I am sure, and by sure I mean hoping, I can use it in the future.

Last but not least, these 2 books. Both are scandalous and funny books. How can I say no to naughty naughty?!

8 comments:

  1. The Kangaroo is actually a mens valet to store his cuff links, etc. It was meant to be decorative on top of a highboy or nightstand. My grandfather had one, and don't forget that Fabby in Pulp Fiction left Butch's watch on one just like it.

    I found one about 10 years ago and gave it to my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim... Ooh! Thank you so much for the info! I think I love it even more now. :-D I have never seen Pulp Fiction so I missed it's use. Whoops. LOL

    Does your husband still use his?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same kangaroo thing, but I think I'm going to start using it as a napkin holder now! I don't really have use for it as a caddy, I just thought it was cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty2Tone... Yeah, something tells me my fella won't use it as a caddy, so I may have to use it for what I thought as well! Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, he still has his but he keeps it on the top shelf of the closet so it won't break.

    You haven't seen Pulp Fiction!? Netflix it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabbo shoe clips! I think I would add a bit of chain to them (maybe a thrifted bracelet?) and use them for a very vintage sweater clip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You put the wallet in the back space, the watch on the tail and spare change or little doodads in the front area. I've never seen a gray one before! Is it marked 1956 on the back? Most of them were. I've always thought those were so cute! You got some good stuff out there in Old People Land!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim Bombshell... I am going to see if my beau likes it and will use it. Something tells me he won't! Hahahaha. Hehehe I think my friend has the movie. I'll borrow it from her. :)

    Queen50... Oh! That is brilliant! I might have to do that instead!

    Red... Yes it is. 1956. Now that I know it's a boy toy and not a kitchen toy, I am going to see if Perry will use it. Probably not, but you never know!

    ReplyDelete