Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bettie Haze


Originally I wasn't going to post to post this photo here as I didn't think it had much to do with the theme of this blog. After posting it on my MySpace profile and my personal blog I recieved a bunch of Bettie Page related comments. How the photo was my take on her or in tribute for her for her recent passing. Truth is, the night before I did see a photo of Bettie in bondage the night before the shoot and it did inspire me to do a rope shoot, but in no way was I trying to pay homage to the raven haired beauty. I could never produce anything that would properly honour her memory. In fact, when it comes to tributes, I would think the last thing anyone would do in her honour is a bondage photo. She had said that she never regretting any of the photos (not even the nudes) except for the bondage ones as it wasn't something God would have liked. Now, I am not a believer in the holy spirit, but I am a believer in Bettie. :-D

So once again, while the photo was inspired by Bettie, I don't feel it a tribute for a few reasons... but being that the Bettie Page we all know and love is vintage and people have compared my photo to hers, I thought I would go ahead and post it anyway...

4 comments:

  1. You scared everyone. There are no comments... haha!
    You already know what I think about this! :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't comment because I was all tied up *rimshot* ;P (if you see an anon comment chances are it's peppy eel!)

    ReplyDelete