Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I know my pretties.

I know I have been rather lame on the updates here. I promise they are coming. :-D I just don't have internet access at home for the time being so I have to try to get computer access whenever I can and sometimes that doesn't give me much time for updating.

I also wanted to thank those of you who have left sweet comments. I am glad you enjoy reading my blog here, even if it isn't the most informative or exciting at times.

Right now I have a bunch of new fabric I just finished washing in the dryer. This upcoming week should provide me with some time to make a few new dresses from vintage patterns. My gal, Jenny loaned me a fantastic 30's pattern which I am now dying to make, but don't have the fabric for it yet, so I will have to settle on playing catch up with both the patterns and fabric I already have.

My guy and I hit a local rockabilly show the other day and I tried to play pinup, but I failed at it miserably. In fact the best photo was me just chatting with the bloke whose car I was sitting in. Other than that... hahaha not much success in the pinup department for me. Of course the real pinups were there as well and looked fantastic. (photos courtesy of La Fine Photography)





I am including 2 photos of how my hair looked before the show... that is before the motorcycle ride there and 100 degree heat pulled it down. :(



So there will be more updates... the house and the clothes and hopefully more fun photos!

12 comments:

  1. your hair always looks so wonderful! I cant wait til mine gets a bit longer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look pretty damned cute, actually. Perry's a really good photographer, but you really know how to do it! I am excited to see what you make with some of those patterns, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think you are a wonderful pin-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolita, you have a really stunning look.
    Very retro and I love the top !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look super gorgeous Lo, in all your photos and especially with your hair all perfect! Hope all is ok, I so want to come back and visit all you super gals in AZ, maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look amazing =) Lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me beetch, I love you!
    You look adorable in all of these photos. You should have posted the other ones (the ones you posted on MySpace). Those are pretty!

    Thanks for hauling me around, see you soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to tell you, I just love your blog!
    I'm also moving this week and look forward to your photos! (I'm hoping to post some of my house when it's in better order!)
    Keep up the good work!

    (Oh! and love that dress! I'm a sucker for a great print in a day dress!)

    Cheers!
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I think you looked wonderful such lovely photos they all turned out great. How the heck do you get your curls so darn perfect. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair and your dress are so very lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Atomic Mama... Thank you, Doll! I am actually wanting to cut mine. It's getting a bit fried on the ends, sadly. I wish my hair looked as silky as yours!

    Red... Thank you. I am just a bit miffed that my do fell flat. I should know better than to try andset with hot sticks. They just don't want to work for me. Especially in a pinch. Grrr. Yes, that Perry is quite good. I can't wait until he and I really start shooting together! Some good sessions are on the horizon. As for that 30's pattern... I want to do 2 blouses in a mid weight satin. One in solid and one in a polkadot. I think that would be nice. But first I need to stay focused and use the patterns I already have. I will probably end up tracing the one you loaned me before I sew it.

    Andrea... Thank you. I just feel silly sometimes next to the ones that actually do it all the time. I feel like a wet mop next to those beauties!

    Roz... Thank you. :-D That dress is actually one of my favourites. When I won it on ebay a couple of years ago I didn't know it was nylon(esque?) and I didn't think I would like it. Now, I love it!

    Fleur... I take that as a great compliment coming from your stunning self!! I know we are eagerly waiting your return to the Grand Canyon State! Anytime you want to come back, you have a place to stay!

    Bettie Booh... Thank you. That dress is surprisingly cool and comfortable!


    T... I was thinking about it, but I didn't want to be 100% vain... only 75%, but since you requested!

    Bunny... I am so happy you enjoy it! It pleases me when I can share my love of things to other who can appreciate it as well. My place is taking far too long for me to settle in. Due to a serious case of the lazies. It's a terminal condition in me. Hehehhe

    Darla... My secret is sleeping in rollers! Sadly I slept with my hot sticks in and they never give me a strong set -- not like my perm rods. The style looks good for all of 20 mins before it falls. :( I am actualy sitting here in my perm rods now. I set them last night and probably won't take them out til later this evening. Since I have nothing to do today I am not too terribly worried about running around with my curlers in. For some reason it makes people smile. But yes, that is my secret. Of course, if I ever get myself a bonnet dryer, I may be able to set my hair in an hour. Wouldn't that be lovely!

    IKKVT... Thank you! That dress has become a favourite of mine for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are you talking about? You ARE a real pinup! Great photos!

    House?! What house? Boy am I out of the loop. Been too busy. Haven't been at the lounge recently either.

    ReplyDelete