Friday, January 10, 2020

Ringing in the New Year with Tiki Teaseorama

Pony and me with Michael Cobb of Bettie Page Rum*
Welcome to 2020! I was thrilled to be asked to perform for the New Year's Party at local Las Vegas hotspot, The Golden Tiki. Their regular Tuesday event, Tiki Teaseorama is presented by Bettie Page Rum and is hosted by one of the hardest working gals I know, Darby Fox. Darby requested that I do my fans, but being that this was a joyous celebration, I opted to perform to a slightly different tune than my signature song, Wicked Game (by Chris Isaak).

Tiki Teaseorama every Tuesday at The Golden Tiki


Fuse Henry & the Lonely Drifters*
The evening started out a little hectic as I settled in with costume and fans in tow. As I arrived, Fuse Henry & the Lonely Drifters were already rocking the stage and I was greeted by hellos from friendly faces all around.

Accidental Marilyn Monroe*
As to my norm, I show up with hair and face already done, so there wasn't any reason for me to hide in back to get myself dolled up. Which was wonderful because my friend, Pony Poison joined me for the evening, so we were able to socialize and attempted to take photos throughout the evening. I decided to wear my extra sparkly "Snow Queen" costume that I had made for Red Hot Nutcracker (2018). Sure it was a costume, but it also makes an exceptional party dress as well! I was unable to perform in Red Hot Nutcracker this year, so I might as well get my monies wears out of it! Based on the fact that I am a blonde and the design of the dress, it always turns out that I become an accidental Marilyn Monroe!

Pink Sleaze. Just the Way I like it.*
When it came to the Burlesque portion of the evening, Darby Fox opened up the first set with a fantastic routine. A high energy flapper Charleston of a number, which was rather fitting for the 20's theme everyone seemed to have -- I didn't get the memo! It was now my turn. I performed a new number of sorts -- a variation of another new number that I am polishing up. This one starts out with a slow burn bump and grind striptease with stocking removal then moves on to the second part. The requested fan work! It's a bit humbling to hear the audience cheer for you knowing you just want to entertain them for a few minutes and make them forget their troubles in that short bit of time. It's a wonderful feeling knowing you did a job well done! I really do hope the audience enjoyed my performance and it wasn't just the booze cheering! The band played another set and it's almost time for the countdown but there is still time for a bit more Burlesque. Alaina Rose Lee followed. I have never seen Alaina perform before but was delighted to watch this gal tease the crowd. She gave a delightful Marlene Dietrich fashion inspired number that was just as jazzy as the 20's themed crowd of the evening! After she wowed the audience the countdown began! Happy 2020!

Slow Burn*

Hold this for me, wontcha?*
Shortly there after, Pony and I found ourselves at a local bar/restaurant where we ate the most horrendous pizza possible while she flirted terribly with the bartender!

I hope you all had a wonderful celebration over New Years! I am looking so forward to blogging again and just connecting with like minded folks! I do have goals, intentions, and resolutions for 2020... 3 of which I broke in less than 24 hours... and my mood has been uplifted this year, more than in years past, so let's see what the days bring us!



Kisses in the New Year!*
Marilyn and Bettie*
Happy New Year from Lo and Pony*
Marilyn, Dean, and Pony*

Thank you to all the people whose photos and clips I stole borrowed for this post. You are the real MVP's.



Photos with * by Hew Burney

Thank you, Pony for doing your best to film my act from which my act video clip was taken.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment