Saturday, August 24, 2024

Back in Time

In honor of one of my besties' birthday today, I wanted to post a photo from a couple of months ago. We were just about to head out to see an Aviators' Baseball Game here in Las Vegas. It was 80's night so we decided to do the theme in a very "daily" way. We were a bit surprised that BARELY anyone was dressed and the few that did, dressed in Party City Does the 80's or just neon. Which, we weren't hating on at all! We were happy anyone dressed up, just surprised by the lack of it especially since many, if not most, of the attendees were teenagers (or older) in the 80s and know the look well!

My t-shirt is actual vintage 1980s and I stole it from my sister's closet probably 30 years ago (in the 90s!) Vintage Diet Rite! Do we all remember that pop?

Everything else is new, but still very 80s inspired. Her Frankie Says Relax t-shirt, our retro track shorts, and my jellies. She opted for the sprayed bangs and I went with a more early 80s college girl hairstyle. Which in the movies means I either would have been killed at camp or accidentally showed my boobs to some nerds!

She just bought the shortly before this evening, a Pontiac Firebird and it is from 1991, I think. Something about the early 90s' Firebird models were exactly the same as the ones in the 80s, but these were convertible. Close enough.

Thanks for reading and... 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA CIONE'!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment